Agile Software Development
The Agile software development process: "An iterative and incremental (evolutionary) approach to software development which is performed in a highly collaborative
manner by self-organizing teams within an effective governance framework with "just enough" ceremony that produces high quality solutions in a cost effective and
timely manner which meets the changing needs of its stakeholders."
Software Development project costs are really determined by how long the project takes.
A software development project has to go through at least the following phases:
- Scoping and gathering information to draw up a specification
- The drawing up and approval of a specification
- The software development phase
- Base platform and technology choice
- Development area construction
- Release methodology construction
- Base Class Construction
- Application Logic Construction
- The testing and approval phase
- The training phase
- The release and roll-out phase
- The post release "1st month"
- On going support, modifications and training
It can be difficult to determine how long each phase will take as there are so many variables which can influence each stage:
- Complexity of the requirement
- Clarity of the requirement
- Volume of data
- Site accessibility
- Client Staff Availability
- Changes of mind
- Access to resources
- Political issues
- Undisclosed agendas
- Changes to technologies during the project
Early development phases can seem bewildering but provide essential foundations.
Our billing process for development
For cash flow reasons we have to charge fees at each stage of the project.
We have to make charges if time has been reserved for your project, but we are unable to work because we do not have the necessary material from yourselves.